All Stars Cricket is the England and Wales Cricket Board’s entry level participation programme, aimed at providing children aged five to eight with a great first experience in cricket.
- For all boys and girls aged five to eight
- Delivered nationwide at over 2,000 centres
- Eight 45 minute sessions, held over eight weeks
- Emphasis on fun and being active
- Focus on developing your child’s movement skills
- Safe and fully accredited
- Valuable time with your kids – mums and dads are encouraged to take part too
- Easy online registration
- Includes a bonus pack of cricket kit
All Stars is all about giving children the best first experience of the sport, with an emphasis on fun!
Children will learn fundamental movement skills including catching, throwing and batting. Soft balls and plastic bats are used by everyone and all participants are given their very own cricket bag full of everything they need to play the game.
Every child will earn stars in their own activity booklet that match the skills learned during the programme:
- Batting – hitting a moving ball
- Throwing – underarm and overarm
- Catching – small and large balls
- Bowling – overarm
- Running – lots of movement
- Teamwork – fun games with friends
- Communication – the basics of cricket
- Spirit of Cricket – how to respect others